Monday, July 23, 2012

Well it has been about 3 years since I blogged.  I am not sure why I am so lazy on this thing but I keep coming back .  It serves as a great journal and a place to keep pictures from past adventures.  I an sure that I won't be able to recall even half of what has happened in the past three years.  I will do my best to recap the highlights.  First and foremost, I drew a Wasatch Elk tag and enjoyed the greatest hunt of my life.  Zenger and I put in together and both drew with 8 bonus points.  We hunted our tails off up by Strawberry.  After calling in several bulls and passing up one after the next I finally shot a 5 x 6 that scored 335.  It was a nice bull that came into a pond just off of Poison Ridge next to the Berry. While Zenger never officially shot a bull, he and I both passed up so many that it didn't sting quite so bad.

Phil and I took a trip down to the boulders for some ice fishing and coyote hunting.  While the fishing and coyote hunting was not great I did shoot a fox with my .223.  Phil finished it off with his AR and the rest is history.  It was a beautiful fox that I should have stuffed but hindsight is 20-20 right.

We also had another epic trip to the boulders and fished our newfound favorite lake.  All of the Brookies caught there were very healthy and fought us all the way to our tubes.  In the midst of our fishing a forest fire was started and Gabe Patterson from DWR came up to the lake to evacuate us.  We left but made sure that we got some pictures next to the fire.

Many other expeditions were taken and from this point forward I will keep this thing as up-to-date as possible.  But for now I will just let the pictures tell the stories.

No comments: